Tuesday, May 08, 2007

aix & marseille...

so this past weekend i went to the south of france with my group.. it was great, but it rained and it almost never rains down there... personally i found marseille very dirty and sketchy, but I loved Aix-en-Provence! Probably a city that I would love to visit again and spend more time exploring, although we did most of the city in the two days we were there. I went to Cezanne's workshop/gardens and I stayed up talking with friends really really late, so that was fun, but I'm paying for it now.

Today- tuesday is a public holiday in france (victory day from ww2) so i didn't have to work and one of my friends and i went to the Musee D'orsay and saw lots of amazing paintings with the japanese tourists! i think i heard more english and japanese than french in that place! we saw monet's, manet's, van gogh's, cezanne's, millet's, degas', and renoirs'.. and lots of cool furniture that i'm going to take my parents to see. we also saw a temp. expo on the Forest of Fontainbleau (a castle close to Paris). so it was a good morning and now off to work....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home