Thursday, April 05, 2007

april in paris


wow.. time flies and i haven't really updated my blog forever.. sorry! i tried to do it once and i lost my internet connection, so I lost my determination to do it and didn't do it again.

ok, so what's been going on in my life.

classes at the chamber of commerce are now over and i start my internship on tuesday.

my internship is at the SNCF= the national train company in france (kind of like amtrack, but much more developed and used)

I met my mentor today and I will be working in the Solidarity Foundation of the SNCF which is funded by the SNCF, but works to promote the image and helps support volunteer work in the community. Also, tries to build a relationship with people and the company-- if I can translate and sum up what i understood during my 5 hr "interview" today.

Easter- I'm planning on going to church and then I'm eating lunch with several people at my foyer and our director is making the food. So it should be a good, long traditional french meal.

Also, I've been spending time planning for when my parents are here. I've been trying to plan out museum visits, buy train tickets, and plan our trips to other parts of france.

I'm also on a mission to cross lots of museums and expos off of my lists. I'm trying to benefit from my time here as much as possible. For example last sunday i went to the Musee Rodin and saw the "penseur" the thinker and the gardens were beautiful!! and the best part was that it was free because it was the first sunday of the month. I don't have anything tomorrow so I think I might go to the Musee d'Orsay or the Louvre and go find something I haven't seen yet.

During the past two weeks I've also been to a ballet and an opera. Very interesting and I understood way more than the last opera!! I'm finally learning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home