sad news...
Friday afternoon here in Paris I got an email from my parents to call them right away-- I had a bad feeling about it because I knew that my uncle Denny had been in the hospital. And I was right, Thursday morning (10am CST) my uncle passed away.
It's a long complicated story, but he'd been in ICU the past week or so after having undergone surgury to untwist his intestine and fix a leak (but they never found the leak). He was also on breathing machines (which he kept pulling out of his nose) and had the beginnings of pnemonia and a urinary infection. Three of my aunts and my dad were with him and he passed away just as the Price as Right came on (one of his favorite shows). Although this is very sad- especially because I won't be able to be with my family during this time- it's amazing that he lived as long as he did (58yrs old) because he was mentally handicapped and suffered from epilipsy and when he was born the doctors didn't believe he would make it to his 20th b-day.
Here's a link to his obituary if you would care to look:
www.nelsoncfuneralhome.com
Other than that- Paris has been uneventful. I finished all my tests and tonight a group of us are having dinner before several people head back to the states this week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home