1st two days of the real world!
great couple of days... learned a lot already and have been working on my dictation skills (writing emails and documents for my mentor). I also got to go into a simulator for the TGV that broke the record on the 3rd of April. I've been learning a lot about the company and about political problems and also about volunteer organizations in france and just a lot of general vocabulary and lots of expressions.
My mentor likes to talk and today I met someone (she's the director's assistant) and she told me that after 5 weeks with my mentor I'll speak french fluently from just listening to him!
We've already touched subjects like Galois history all the way to world war 2, geography of france/paris region, the presidential race in france (and in the US), work contracts in france (which is SUPER complicated), durable development, equal commerce, and I've learned so many "sigles" (i forget the word in english, but when a short cut stands for something.. like SNCF stands for societe nationale des chemins de fer)
anyway.. it's been a busy two days with lots of coffee/expresso... (i'm going to have a really high tolerance after 5 weeks) and now i'm tired and i think i'm going to go watch a movie and crash!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home